*SECRET LHASA OMS DISCOUNT*
Thanks for being such an avid listener! In conjunction with the upcoming webinar on Dec. 16th, Ask Me Anything About Sports Acupuncture: a Panel Discussion, Lhasa is giving listeners to this podcast 20% off* their next order using the promo code: PINPOINT20
*This one-time use promotion cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Excluded from this promotion are KPC Herbs, Mayway Herbs, Golden Flower Herbs, Online CEUs, Outlet Deals, Monthly Specials, and Earthlite Massage Tables, Chairs & Stools. OFFER ENDS DEC 6th 2020 12:00AM EST. Now, on with the show!
In this Episode…
Matt Callison, L.Ac., returns to discuss his new textbook with Chad.
Matt Callison is a licensed acupuncturist, author of the Motor Point Index (MPI) Reference Guide and Sports Medicine Acupuncture: An Integrated Approach Combining Sports Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Matt is also the creator and head director/instructor of the Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification (SMAC) program. In his discussion with Chad, Matt talks about his new Sports Medicine Acupuncture textbook, essential concepts acupuncturists should know to be a “sports acupuncturist,” and a very thorough assessment-to-moc-treatment of Chad’s Achilles tendinopathy.
- Creating the Sports Medicine Acupuncture Book (4:15)
- Book content: how to use the book, context, etc. (7:59)
- How many injuries in the book (10:40)
- Essential concepts acupuncturists should know to be a “sports acupuncturist” (12:58)
- Highly detailed moc assessment and treatment of Achilles tendon tendinopathy (Matt assesses Chad) (15:42)
- What is a “bulge” or hardening in tendon tissues? What is the conisistency of a callous? (32:28)
- Direct moxa for Achilles tendinopathy (36:39)
- Posture Analysis (37:20)
- Foot and gait analysis (41:34)
- Past knee issues (44:16)
- Nerve entrapment (47:37)
- Tissue palpation (49:30)
- Treatment protocol for Chad’s Achilles tendinopathy (50:04)
- Pelvic blocking (50:51)
- Acupuncture as a “signaling system” (59:24)
- Exercises for Achilles tendinopathy (1:02:24)
- Alfredson’s eccentric lengthening/loading (1:03:33)
- Closing remarks and teaser for future work (1:06:13)