In this Episode…
Chad Bong interviews Sports Acupuncturists, Whitfield Reaves.
Whitfield Reaves is regarded as one of the pioneers of Acupuncture Sports Medicine in the United States. Reaves is an author, teacher, and director of The Acupuncture Sports Medicine Apprenticeship Program. In Part 1 of his discussion with Chad, Whit discusses his journey from humble beginnings all the way to the prestigious position of Sports Acupuncturist at the 1984 Olympics.
This is part 1 of 2 episodes.
- Chad Introduction (1:00)
- Discovering Acupuncture (1:27)
- First time getting treated (2:25)
- First Schools of Acupuncture (6:26)
- 1981: the start and early struggles (10:08)
- Feb. 1982, Sports Acupuncture is born (Achilles Tendonitis) Joe League Mission Bay Marathon (16:05)
- Working Solo (20:50)
- Leroy Perry and International Sports Medicine Institute (23:20)
- 1984: Janet Travell- the meeting “That changed everything” (29:09)
- National Exposure: ABC TV Special and 1984 Olympics (34:28)
- Treating Olympic Athletes (40:20)
- After 1984 Olympics (45:10)Books Plugs: (1) Mary Saunders (2) Whitfield Reaves/Chad Bong (46:15)
- Alex Brazinski Outro(47:22)